I’m Robin Clarke, a producer of computer games based in London, England.
Over the last decade and a half I’ve had many colourful adventures in the games industry, working at various times for JoWooD, CDV, Morpheme, Mastertronic and Zattikka. Currently I am a producer at AppyNation, a new developer-owned digital publisher.
When I’m not obsessing over games, my other hobbies include attending various gatherings of writers and techies in the capital, watching comedy, designing things and drinking in parks.
The website www.citystate.co.uk was established on January 1st 2006 to provide a central repository for various musings about games, some of which were previously published elsewhere. I can be contacted by email (‘contact’ AT this domain) or Twitter. I never respond to unsolicited messages sent as LinkedIn invites (and still they come).
Name: Robin Clarke
ZX Spectrum or C64? Spectrum
Mega Drive or SNES? Mega Drive
PC or Mac? PC
Favourite game: Toejam & Earl
Favourite film: Brazil
Name works in the Mickey Mouse Club song: YES
- British Academy Games Awards 2016 judge
- Low Battery (freeware game) released
- Helped bring Transport Tycoon to mobile
- Helped bring Isoball to mobile
- Gave a talk on Flash game sponsorship
- Sponsored lots of Flash games
- Arranged for this to happen
- The Shareware Age feature article for Eurogamer
- Scrumper (freeware game) released
- Channel 4 Mobile Games Pitch finalist
- Helped bring Croc to mobile
- Mailed out review code for lots of European PC games
- Helped bring Infocom’s games to mobile (unreleased)